This Thursday, June 30th on Larvotto Beach, the “Water Safety Day” was back in Monaco for the first time since 2019.
Organized by the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation and the Académie Monégasque de Mer, this day aims to initiate children of the Principality to sports lifesaving, water safety and first aid.
In the presence of H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco, 40 children from the 6th-grade classes of the Collège Charles III and the Institution François D’Assise-Nicolas Barré participated in the workshops led by Pierre Frolla, Ambassador of the Foundation and four-time world record holder of freediving and his team from the Monegasque Academy of the Sea, with the support of the trainers-rescuers of the Croix-Rouge monégasque
Entertaining and demanding, the workshops are varied: Inshore Rope Rescue, Rescue Tubes, Nipper Boards, Musical Sticks and RCP (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation).
The children also had the chance to meet champions of lifesaving and other sports, invited to supervise the workshops and share their experience as high-level athletes.
The presence of these champions reinforces the message of drowning prevention and creates a positive inspiration for children. At the end of the workshops, the celebrities participated in an Ocean Race: Swimming, Relay Race on the sand and Relay Rescue Paddle.
The champions invited to this day are:
- Pierre FROLLA, World Record Holder in Freediving
- Coralie BALMY, Olympic Swimming Medalist
- Muriel HURTIS, Olympic Athletics Medalist
- Gwendal PEIZERAT, Olympic Champion in Ice Dance
- Florence MASNADA, Olympic Alpine Ski Medalist
- Marlène HARNOIS, Olympic Taekwondo Medalist
- Julien LALANNE, Coastal Lifesaving World Champion
- Anthony MAZZER, Junior European Inshore Rescue Champion
- Alexandre BERMOND, Swimrun Champion
- Kate WILLIAMS, Swimrun Champion
- Rémy DUBERN, Freediving World Champion
- Claude POUGET, Six times certified in martial arts, fifteen times black belt
- Matteo TESTA, Sports Manager
- Marc TOESCA, Radio and Television Host
The Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation wishes to thank all the partners and celebrities who participated in the success of the Water Safety Day 2022 in Monaco.